Friday, January 11, 2013

Where'd you get those peepers....

Sponsored Post

Yes, after many many many years of doing the 'I really need glasses squint', I've made an appointment to see an Optometrist.  Now, I just need to keep the appointment (Something always makes you reschedule. Can I get an Amen from the Mom Choir?!).

Oh to be able to see every little Cheerio that hasn't been swept up from breakfast and all my little artist's scribbles on the wall once I get the proper lenses. Ha!  I'm sure there will be moments when I'll pine for the days it was all a blur.

You know me though, always looking for the silver lining. It is an accessory and an opportunity to shop!  So... who do I want to emulate?  Remember how unbelievably chic Lena Horne looked in those Gap ads?
lenahorneclub


 Or how about take that feminine shape to extremes and do some cat eye glasses, a la Marilyn Monroe in How to Marry a Millionaire!  Those would be fun!
In any case, I need to start shopping for the glasses now, the appointment is in late February, so I want to have a good grip on what fits my face before I buy glasses

Of course I'll start with a little online shopping. Eyeglasses online.... SMH... I marvel at what's available at the click of a mouse.  We live in a marvelous age Style Shepherd followers, a marvelous age.  

So.... lets get to it.  What eyeglasses fit my style? Go from playgroup to cocktails?  I may need more than one pair. *smile* Any ol'reason to shop. 

I really like this Spy Buddy Tortoiseshell Eyeglasses... they may be a little hipster for cocktails, but for playgroup and running off to the museum, I think they'll work. 

... Oh and these iSee in pink are young, sassy Mom-around town..... hmmm maybe to young for me, but I do like a punch of color, and a durable plastic frame. 


Uh oh, look what I found on GlassesUSA.com a whole section of Cat Eye glasses!  I think these are my favorite, Muse Lola Black. A stronger version of the Lena Horne style, they're giving off a serious Eartha Kitt as Cat Woman vibe.  Meow! 
 

I would love to hear which ones are your favorite.  And if you too are in the market for a fabulous pair of glasses, browse through GlassesUSA.com. Besides their high quality frames and lenses, they offer a 110% lowest price guarantee and a 100% satisfaction guarantee along with a generous refer-a-friend program. Additionally, you can stay up-to-date on all GlassesUSA happenings through their Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/glassesusa) and their Twitter feed (@GlassesUSA).

                   DISCOUNTS FOR THE STYLE SHEPHERD READERS!
STOREWIDE OFFER - Take 15% off + get free shipping on your entire order
(orders over $50). Code: FS15
Take 10% off any order of prescription glasses. Code: Blog10

Use this Virtual Try It Mirror to check out what eyeglass style works for you. I've been trying on glasses all afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment