Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sheer Madness

My seat for the 2012 Emmy red Carpet was with the E channel, on the floor of my son's playroom, in yoga pants and a very lived in Michael Stars tee (for the record, there  isn't normally a tv in the playroom, but we've recently had to switch the master bedroom into the playroom, because at 11 months old you need all the indoor running space that you can get, and we haven't switched the cable lines yet.... so since the living room was already occupied for an afternoon of the NFL, I sat comfortably on the floor surrounded by Thomas the Train, Elmo, Cookie Monster and every car and truck from Disney's Cars *shrug*  I've got to see my red carpets!)

Onto the sheeer madness of it all....

The 2012 Emmy Award Red Carpet was one amazing parade of fantastic... and unfortunate... sheer, illusion of sheer, lace cut out, peek -a-boo dresses. And for me the grand marshal of this procession was January Jones. She knocks it out of the park with a smoky eye and Zac Posen. 

Image from RCFA
 Anna Chlumsky in .... I think I heard Christian Siriano, I'll have to double check ...


(Photo by Matt Sayles/Invision/AP)



Emily VanCamp in J. Mendel


Image from Pop Sugar


Heidi Klum in Alexandre Vauthier

Image from Just Jared

Jena Malone in J. Mendel

Image from Just Jared

... and the sheer I was not mad about

Glenn Close

Image from Zimbio 

Lena Headey ... better as a swim suit cover up. 
Image from Gossip Bucket

The very vintage contingent marched by .....  

Lena Dunham in Prada, ..... (from one of my favorite shows Girls) strutted out in vintage inspired, lace cut-out fabulousness.... I think the hair cut and smoky eye keep it very current.  It's sooo Hipster goes to Hollywood.  If there is anything I'd be a little critical of, it's the weight of the fabric, it read a little heavy for sunny California.   
Image from Fab Sugar
 
And by coincidence, in the next camera shot Ginnifer Goodwin in exactly the same look, short haircut and smoky eye... but the bright color and fabric of this Monique Lhuillier design screams, "I'm a star!".

Image from Gossip Center

Sara Paulson also marched in the sheer vintage illusion section.... fabulous!
Image from WTOP


Every parade needs a section of sparkling baton twirlers... and these ladies brought the sparkle

The always anticipated Nicole Kidman in Anontonio Berardi

Image from RCFA

and always right on the money, the ever classic Kerry Washington in Vivian Westwood.
Image from The Vancouver Sun




No comments:

Post a Comment