Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I love you Oscar!

Oh mercy!  I love love love love love
 .... that's 5 loves in a row! 
Yes, I love it that much! 
Oscar de la Renta Spring 2013, look # 47!
pic from Style.com

How I'd like to recreate this look on my budget:
I'll probably change the stripes to all vertical, especially if the 20 stone I want to lose by Spring 2013 are still hanging around, and I may have trouble recreating the almost chevron look for the skirt (any suggestions?)

I'll have to string some black silk flowers (from Etsy most likely) to mimic that gorgeous black rose necklace and cuff.  
These are from Etsy shop blossomheads

And I'll have to hunt down the perfect black and white striped fabric with much smaller stripes...these stripes read very bold and "evening", my look has to be wearable during the day and have a strap.  Popping my toddler on my hip in a strapless dress is a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.... and probably cotton or some kind of blend (must be able to wash it!).  I like this pattern from kwik sew (the A Version).... easy enough to add length to make it a maxi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment