Monday, September 24, 2012

Hippie Glam!

Couldn't let another day go by without sharing how much I loved Leslie Mann's look on yesterday's Emmy red carpet.


Image from Lisa's Fashion Blog
 The dress is Naeem Khan... comfortable and elegant.  A full skirt with deep pockets, a crocheted bodice that mimics lace...and natural turquoise jewelry.  This is a look I would copy for spring.


How I would copy it....




This McCall's skirt pattern (M5591) adding a longer length and higher waist. 










And this Butterick top pattern (B5948) in a  large simple lace fabric.







6 comments:

  1. I love her look too! The color of the skirt is so vibrant yet very fall. I would love to see something like this in Fiore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color really does translate through out the seasons. It would be a great investment piece and very nice in the windows of Fiore.

      Delete
  2. Excellent call on the pattern choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz... you must be a sewer! Tomorrow's post is all about recreating an Oscar de la Renta look... if you have a better pattern choice, please let me know. I'd really like the dress to come closer to the original.. you'll see. And thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
    2. Just to be clear... I meant Sew-er as in one who sews (a seamstress, designer, pattern maker) ... not a sewer. Ugh! Forgive my poor choice of words. I'm always excited to hear from another who sews!

      Delete