Sunday, April 15, 2012

As the Crow Flies


As the Crow Flies
Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous! The perfect day for a Wild West Philly Craft Show..... And I pray it returns for many years.  Truthfully, though I've been to many many many many craft fairs, and I didn't see anything that I hadn't seen before. Everything was beautiful and well made but... ya know it takes a real spark for me to let go of my cash these days. I know, I know get to the point.... you want to know what I bought.

 I bought an up-cycled onesie for my sugahplum from Local Philadelphia Artist Wilder Scott-Straight.  Her booth was a very cool amalgamation of vintage suitcases filled with charming little embroidered shirts, and sweaters.  Ya know what they reminded me of?  Have you ever seen The Triplets of Belleville?  You must see it if you have'nt.... her whole booth and product made me think about the Grandmother and her cyclist grandson... very french, in a comfort food sort of way.  And when I looked up Wilder Scott-Straight's Pins!  OMG... it was all very chic, and familiar.  Ugh!  I'm searching my sleep deprived brain for the words (Sugahplum sleeps for 5 - 6 hours most nights).... like the smell of popcorn, a great big comforter and your favoriten foreign film, that's the feeling As the Crow Flies musters.

**** I also, lingered over a West Philly onsie from Vix Emporium, which I decided to wait to buy when I go there later this week to get a tee for me, and hopefully find a great birthday present for my BFF*** 

Follow As the Crow Flies Blog
Shop As the Crow Flies 
Re-pin As the Crow Flies
Like as the Crow Flies

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the glowing review! It made me blush... Hope your little one loves the onesie. I'll be at Art Star Craft Bazaar but selling my husband's jewelry. Maybe next year for my kids stuff. We'll be at Clover Market in Ardmore next month, and if you like vintage, french inspired goods, it's all there.. for a price ;) I didn't know that EVERYONE has wooden boxes and suitcases until we went there today. Well, it's a good look...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll definitely be stopping by Art Bazaar!

      Delete