Saturday, January 8, 2011

Netflix: Jules and Jim

From the Disc Cover:
 Writers Jules (Oskar Werner) and Jim (Henri Serre) are close friends who fall in love with the same woman, the unpredictagle Catherine (Jeanne Moreau), amid the turbulence of World War I Paris in one of director Francois Truffaut's best-loved films, adapted from the novel by Henri-Pierre Roche.  What results isa a decades-long love triangle that both tests and strengthens the bond between the two men.

  I've wanted to see this movie forever.  And I knew the basic story before I pushed PLAY, ...unrequited love and/or a love triangle.  Well... now I know it was much deeper than just that.  If love triangles and unrequited love can be considered so trivial as 'just that'.  Now,..... for me it's much more about living and loving unconditionally..... and surviving.  I'd give it 2.5 out of 4 stars.  Completely love the way the movie was styled.. from the tiled floors in Catherine's apartment to each and every hat worn by any cast member.  To be fair, maybe I built this movie up to much in my mind, so that no matter how wonderful it was, I would be unsatisfied. All in all, I'm glad that I finally had the chance to see it. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I've recently become a Jeanne Moreau fan myself, I saw Jules and Jim and Elevator below the gallows. She is stunning and has really chic minimal style.

    ReplyDelete