Friday, January 28, 2011

Fashion Friday, Indie Designer - Beth Levin

Jewelry designer Beth Levin's work makes me nostalgic for the, bright Art Deco inspired jewelry of the 70s.....  when we loved disco ball sparkle and the sentiment of hippie peace and love. 

I collect vintage soda and beer bottle caps and fill them with found objects. The tiny treasures are then embedded under resin along with your choice of cork, sand or colored glass & metal beads to create my JewelRe-caps™. I like to think of my JewelRe-caps™ as jewel-like mini works of art using recycled materials as my canvas.         ~ Beth Levin

Beth has a wonderful online shop called FROM JUNK 2 FUNK, but if you're in Philadelphia you can pick up one of her gorgeous little baubles from the Art Shop at Moore!  Happy Shopping! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this, the Raspberry earrings are extraordinary and I love anything extraordinary. 2 thumbs up,great post.

    ReplyDelete