Saturday, November 6, 2010

Vintage by Studio Manhattan

John Wind / Maximal Art Super Salesperson Alicia Nazario has been pouring honey in my ear about Studio Manhattan for weeks.  So I was really excited to check out their Pop Up in The Holiday Shops at Bryant Park

 As soon as I turned the corner onto 42nd Street and walked into the park, I started to hum... It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, Ev'rywhere you go.... Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again.  I can be super corny, but I love this season, the party invitations are coming in, I'm thinking about shopping for someone other than myself...  so wonderful! No? Mmmm but the topic is Vintage Studio Manhattan.  I walk up and down, row after row and peer into each little shop (A perfect, cloudy gray day, make the shops with their twinkling little goodies and warm glowing light, all the more like a Christmas Village).  And Ohhhhh look at this, that's pretty... Oh, this is, yes this is Studio Manhattan!  It's beautiful!  Oh Mercy they have a  working fireplace! I want to move in! 

I introduce myself, "Hi, I'm Rhonda, PR-Social Media Manager for John Wind / Maximal Art".  LOL I should get a badge, and flash it every time I say that.  LOL .... or maybe not. It's funny to me, but... may be a tiny bit silly.  *shrug*

"Oh you made it!  I'm so glad you could stop by", co-owner Arzu shouts out.
I get a quick tour of the shop, and I have to talk myself out of buying absolutely everything (I did buy one little treasure for myself... mmm hmmm I guess I'm not quite in the Xmas spirit. Studio Manhattan clicked on the me me me switch. LOL).

One of their very cool polaroid transfers (fashion/7th Ave.) on a locket w/mirror. 

 Absolutely everything in the shop is being cooed over by..... everyone!  Seriously, while I was standing there, it seemed like every person that walked by, stopped in and bought something.  Thank God my train back to Philadelphia was departing in an hour or I would be there shopping, 'til this very minute. I flexed all my self control muscles and said good-bye (I found a certain solace in knowing that the Holiday shops are open until Jan. 2nd and I'll be back here in a few weeks).
If you look closely you can see my reflection.  LOL see how much joy accessories bring to me. SMH

Give yourself a treat and visit the Holiday Shops at Bryant Part (and Vintage by Studio Manhattan).

10 comments:

  1. I love vintage and John Wind's jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's high praise, coming from Haute Travels! Love, love, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see your reflection...flashing those pearly whites...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found u in Country Living April 2011 issue, the French grain sack turned into a shapley, ladylike pocket book was the most unique repurposing of a throw away item I have seen in a long time it is art. I would hang this on a wall inside a huge frame, I love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so where can I buy that french grain sack pocketbook featured in country living this month?? I've called the number listed and I'm still waiting to hear???? I have to have it, absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina, I'm not sure which grain sack pocketbook you mean. Is it from Vintage by Studio Manhattan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina - This is Emily from Vintage by Studio Manhattan. Unfortunately, we are completely sold out of the grain sack back - and are waiting with great anticipation to get it restocked. Please be patient and follow up with us in about a month or so. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am looking for the French grain sack purse as seen in the Country Living magazine. It is the one by Vagabond Vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily (from Vintage by Studio Manhattan) - I love the charm initial bracelets! Where can I purchase one? I didn't see it on the web site and I must have it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Emily: I shopped there this past fri. 1/6 and purchased two vintage necklaces along with three frames. Totally loved the gifts which I purchased. By chance, would you have a bracelet which would work with either of the necklaces. Please call me on cell, as I need to give this gift next weekend 1/13. cell: 646-325-3925. Thanks Juanita Fields

    ReplyDelete