Thursday, August 12, 2010

De - friending Me?!!!!

Yesterday, as I flip through my facebook messages, this subject line catches my eye!  
De - friend

De - friend?!  De - friend! I'm being defriended!  Panic stricken! What have I done?  Ugh! I knew that I was being to competitive with those Facebook games.  Why did I have to demolish all my friends  'Bouncing Ball' score, and then throw down the gauntlet and challenge them to a duel? Curse this competitive spirit!  I close my eyes, inhale deeply and click open the message. 

Rhonda, I deeply respect and admire your profession.

Deeply respect and admire... so far so good

However, I may be forced to de-friend you!  
 Uh - oh here it comes. 

Each time you post a link to a fashion website I am compelled to visit the site and ultimately make a purchase. I just received my dresses from Modcloth and I eagerly await my delivery from Talbots.  Please help a Sista out! Stop posting these links! LOL! (Keep doing what you do!) 

Well isn't that sweet? That message is from my friend Cyndi Bolden, whom I haven't seen since high school (gotta love facebook)!  Look at the sleeves on that coat and the cinched in belt, she really is Cyndi BOLDen! And Fabulous!




I came across Mod Cloth, while looking for some great day dresses (they carry lots of sizes too... wink.... a large really is a large).  I'm in the process of reinventing my wardrobe, I've gotten into a rut because I can work from home (written about this before), but lately I've been invited to some pretty fancy shmancy things and I need to LOOK like The Style Shepherd.

Can't take credit for Talbots that was completely Tonya Holt Higginbotham (Don't you just love her name). I've been trying to convince her to start a wardrobe makeover / stylist business.  Imagine this.....

"Another chic ensemble, what's going on with you?  Are you having an affair?" Laughing coyly our heroine casually settles into her favorite uber model pose and says, "I just had my closets redone by Tonya Holt Higginbotham". 

Fabu! Right?  OK soo..... 

 I met Tonya through John Wind. Well, we haven't actually met, we forged a bond during a long facebook commenting conversation about the John Wind Maximal Art Vintage Flower Necklace, and became BFF's immediately.  So all of you who flipped through Talbot's Fall Look Book on my page, say thank you to Tonya.  All together now. Thank you Tonya!

And thank you, Cyndi Bolden! You are/were one of the cool girls in High School, your facebook message made me break out into my happy dance.  Thank you very much!

That's right I've been validated by one of the cool girls!  Watch me do my Queen Victoria wave as a stroll by. Don't hate.

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE this post! Too funny! You had me rolling on the floor, Rhonda! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Rhonda. You had me smiling from ear to ear!

    Ree
    XXX
    http://reallyree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Praise from two writers that I love! Everyone please check out:
    http://reallyree.blogspot.com
    and
    http://www.anaudiblepause.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete