Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July, 2010

Ahhhh BBQ at my Uncle Frank's! 

Normally, when I hear barbecue, I think..... Oh no, what am I going to eat? I hope there's enough sides to fill up my plate. How many times will I have to say, no thank you, I'm a vegetarian?

I feel terrible when the host has gone through hell and high water to create the perfect menu, and then here I am .... with a scoop of  potato salad and carrot sticks on my plate.  Well! I need not have worried because Uncle Frank was ready for everyone. Along with enough meat to feed a herd of lions, he also served two kinds of seafood salads, macaroni salad, two kinds of potato salad, yams, greens and more veggies than I could have imagined .... delicious!

 
This is me, doing my imitation of Wendy Williams', 'Hah you doin?'

The best moment of the afternoon was when I asked Aunt Bern when she was going to get a facebook account.  She framed her face with perfectly manicured nails and says, "Here's my face, ... let me know when you need to see it." 

We had a wonderful time!  Nothing like old school jams, good food, family and friends. 

 

2 comments:

  1. sorry i had to skip out but i was soooo tired from work and the heat>>> but i paid for it later because i was hungry as hell... and i got to miss out on ya "ha you doin" glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really missed you! LOL I'm sure you tried to listen to Geetchy and I's voicemail.

    ReplyDelete