Thursday, June 10, 2010

Jabar's Eclectic Adventure!

My regular readers know that 
I love to shop, and I love Accessories!
Etsy! Ebay! 1,000 Markets! Facebook Shops! Ruby Lane!
You name it! I'm on it!
Sooo.... I want to share this Facebook Shop that I LOVE!  

I started following the proprietor Darleen Lynde on twitter (DarDarA1) when she posted this vintage Maximal Art collage pin. Tweet tweet tweet tweet, like birds singing. One tweet after the next announces some amazing little treasure, that made me think, .... Ohhhh, I really need that? 
 From rhinestone necklaces to a rooster pewter chocolate mold, I'm intrigued by it all. You have to move quickly though, as soon as it post on twitter, ebay, or facebook, it's snatched up! So if you like it, ya gotta buy it, it won't be there tomorrow! 
 When asked about how she chooses/buys those treasures for her store.....

"Truthfully, it's not a very scientific method! LOL! I was lucky enough to buy out three different houses and one attic, here in the Berkshires. I was allowed to come in before anyone else and purchase whatever I wanted, since these were acquaintances of mine and they trusted me to treat them fairly. The moral of this story is that I have a HUGE inventory, with every kind of antique or collectible imaginable, so I just go shopping in my cupboards or attic, and list whatever strikes me at that moment. Gotta say I'm kind of spoiled in that respect! I've been in the business with my guy for years, selling folk art, weathervanes, and antiques in general. I do this as a sideline, so I get to do pretty much what I want. Also, while I have enough inventory to probably last me the rest of my life, I can't resist shopping for more (that's the realllllly fun part!), so sometimes I'm so enthralled with something that I've just purchased and it takes precedence over existing items."

  Darlene was lucky enough to buy out THREE different houses AND an attic in the Berkshires! LOL And she calls that kind of spoiled! Well... I guess that is KIND of spoiled. (smile)


Special For the Style Shepherd Followers:
This weeks Giveaway is a custom wired wrapped pendant from Etsy shop Intercalary Intervals.   To win, you must be a follower of Style Shepherd and a follower of Jabar's Eclectic Adventure on facebook, then leave a link to your favorite Etsy or facebook shop. All comments must be posted by Wednesday June 16, 2010 11:59PM. The winner will be announced Thursday June 17. Comment as many times as you like (no translation yet, comments must be in English). Good Luck!

29 comments:

  1. I follow the Style Shepherd and Jabar's Eclectic Adventure. My favorite Etsy shop is Designs in Blue light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog
    lubaska dot k at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. following Jabar's Eclectic Adventure on facebook (Ľubica Kotmániková)
    lubaska dot k at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my fav etsy shops is: Little Green Room shop (Jewelry For The Free Spirited)
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleGreenRoom
    lubaska dot k at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow Jabar's Eclectic Adventure and Style Shepherd on facebook

    Donna
    dwarrington1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite ETSY shop is PoisonAppleNYC

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoisonAppleNYC

    Donna
    dwarrington1@gmail.com
    (ETSY username: 2Cats4Me)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a follower of Style Shepherd and fan of Jabar's Eclectic Adventure on facebook (Aik Chien)

    Here's my favourite shop on Etsy:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/MarloNoel

    aikychien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! Another thing we have in common, my favorite Etsy shop is ALSO Designs In Blue Light!

    I follow Style Shepherd and Jabar's Eclectic Adventure. Two of my OTHER favorite Etsy shops are
    PaintedByRenee http://ht.ly/1X2Yg
    and
    Vintage Bella Bride http://ht.ly/1X2ZV

    ReplyDelete
  9. Follow
    I like too the http://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleGreenRoom

    lusizova (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow Style Shepherd via GFC (Jasmine1485) and Jabar's Eclectic Adventure on Facebook (Kate Ryan). My favourite Etsy shop is The Enchanted Locket - http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheEnchantedLocket

    Kate1485 at hotmail.com
    http://ntfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a follower of Style Shepherd and a follower of Jabar's Eclectic Adventure on facebook

    FB name - RJ.W.Higgins

    rjwhiggins@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my many favorite shops....

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/julishland

    rjwhiggins@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Follow both. Here`s one of my favorite shop on Etsy: Plush Animals & Softies From Reclaimed/Upcycled Fabric by ArtTales
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtTales

    ladyvogue_cannaria(at)yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I followed both.
    I love EGLolitaSFlorida:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/EGLolitaSFlorida
    shou.milk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Follow both.... I love Squiggly Monkeys, they make the most adorable sock monkeys.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Squigglymonkeys

    six_one_nine_girlie86 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i followed jabar in facebook.

    facebook: mary grace

    bella_gureishi AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im a style sheperd follower,


    bella_gureishi AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love the BEAUTIFUL VINTAGE CLEAR RHINESTONE FESTOON NECKLACE
    BEAUTIFUL VINTAGE CLEAR RHINESTONE FESTOON NECKLACE

    bella_gureishi AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I follow as crystal marie
    crystalmarieporter at gmail dot com
    favorite etsy shop.. um pretty much every shop on etsy lol

    It is too hard to pick one... or two... or three. it feels unfair!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I Agree! LOL That's why you can comment as many times as you like on this post. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I follow style shepherd and and Jabar's Eclectic Adventure. My favorite etsy shop is Refreshing Designs.

    Nury77 at live dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a follower of Style Shepherd and a follower of Jabar's Eclectic Adventure on facebook (Elena Rudaya)

    My fave Etsy shop is
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/summersongdesigns

    queen-of-pain(AT)yandex(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Style shepherd follower and like jabar on fb.
    One of my favorite etsy shops is BejewelledBespoke

    Nury77 at live dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  24. Style shepherd follower and like jabar on fb.
    One of my favorite etsy shops is BGarden Roses.

    Nury77 at live dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  25. Style shepherd follower and like jabar on fb.
    One of my favorite etsy shops is SteamDesigns.

    Nury77 at live dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  26. Style shepherd follower and like jabar on fb.
    One of my favorite etsy shops is BrittanyChavers.

    Nury77 at live dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  27. Style shepherd follower and like jabar on fb.
    One of my favorite etsy shops is Gardens of Whimsy.

    Nury77 at live dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  28. Style shepherd follower and like jabar on fb.
    One of my favorite etsy shops is CuteAbility.

    Nury77 at live dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  29. Style shepherd follower and like jabar on fb.
    One of my favorite etsy shops is glamasaurus.

    Nury77 at live dot ca

    ReplyDelete