Saturday, May 1, 2010

Who reads Faye Penn's column in In Style?

I do!!! I never miss it Style and Error!  This months topic is all about keeping it together.  Those writers and fashion bloggers (like myself) who sit at home in front of our computers and type away, sometimes need to run out for a bottle of water and a salad .... or a Pepsi and chips (raising my hand... so guilty). Here's the thing, how do we do that and still look 'fashioney'?

As Faye says... "later my wardrobe has devolved into a small rotation of mix-and-match sweatshirts and yoga pants- and I don't do yoga.  In cold months these are topped by a puffy orange parka at least one size too big.  I am a work-at-home mom, the double whammy of personal-style doom".  I've been falling into that... "a small rotation of mix-and-match sweatshirts and yoga pants-"... I do, do yoga.  You never know who you're going to run into, though.  Recently, I avoided a really well dressed friend strolling down Chestnut Street on my way to the post office.  She reads my blog for God's sake!  I had on yoga pants, an over sized tee, low top Chuck Taylors, and hair snatched back with a .... wait for it, ... RUBBER BAND!  Shock and horror!  What was I thinking? Faye's column was right on time. I actually laughed out loud when I read this line.. "But it's become pitifully obvious that I have failed to conquer life's more casual style demands and have settled into a signature look that's somewhere between an influenza sufferer and a mid-finals college freshman.". Ohhhh Faye, you're the best! I'm inspired by your column, and I will be doing much better when I make a Starbucks run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment