Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summer Reading List!

I LOVE to read, and I'm getting my summer reading list together.


The first one I want to read is, ... If You Have to Cry Go Outside and other things your mother never told you, by Kelly Cutrone. This one has been in my Amazon Cart since I watched Kelly do the photoshoot for the cover on her amazing reality show Kell on Earth.
Just read Jonathan Van Meter's article about Portrait of an Addict as a Young Man,
by Bill Clegg.  I'm intrigued!

I've always wanted to read Candace Bushnell's Lipstick Jungle, and Valerie of Valerie Barbie fame reminded me of that as soon as I opened this morning's facebook status from my tweetdeck with  - 'Adding to my Summer reading list, any suggestions?'. 

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs was suggested by Sadikia, owner of Baskets by Sadi... looked over the reviews, and its in! 

 Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali... This was on last years reading list too, I don't know what happened, but I'll definitely get to it this year.  

 

  Love Jen Lancaster's writing voice and her extra long titles.. can't wait to start this one! My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover if Not Being a Dumb Ass is the New Black, or, A Culture-Up Manifesto

 

A Book I've meant to read for many many years, its been on the list in the 80s, and the 90s, this is the year though.... The Autobiography of An Ex-Colored Man by James Weldon Johnson.

 

And last but not least Miles by Miles Davis, for my Dad.

 


1 comment:

  1. OMG i have to have that new Jen Lancaster book! immediately... i'll let YOU know how it is... LOL...

    ReplyDelete