Monday, May 10, 2010

The Horne...... June 30, 1917 – May 9, 2010

Lena Horne.


From Bronze Venus

The first special memory I have of Lena Horne, is sitting one row in front of my parents with two of my brothers, in a movie theater (Chew and Chelten Ave's ... there's a Laundry there now, sigh) watching her sing 'Believe in Yourself' in The Wiz. Right after she finished, I turned to smile at my Mom, and she was already looking at me,... waiting for me to turn around. She knew I would love that performance. Of course, she had already seen the movie. LOL They never followed the movie ratings, even it it said it was a G rated family movie they would go see it first before they took us to see it.


And of course..... the show we watched every week, Sanford and Son.

From Myn Junk Yard

No comments:

Post a Comment