Sunday, January 3, 2010

Natalie Sharar

I Looooove to spread the news about a wonderful artist. Ladies and Gentlemen, ... Natalie Sharar.


I met Natalie through her very popular blog Anthropologie Addict, .... she is quite the stylista, .... there are not many people that I would trust to dress me from head to toe, but if Natalie ever becomes a stylist, I will become a faithful customer. .... Not sure how likely that is to happen, Natalie's art may take her into another direction.

This painting is one of my very very favorites.... love the eyes.

Natalie began to paint when she was about four years old, she vividly remembers making up stories, flip books, and illustrating them for her Mother and having the best drawing of a bunny in third grade (smile). She really started to paint seriously in high school and is being classically trained in college at Riverside Community.








Like many artist her influences are wide and varied, but the artists who influence her the most are Michael Hussar, Odd Nerdrum, and Lucien Frued. When you check them out you'll see that they all, like Natalie, express themselves strongly through portraits and in oil.










If you are a long time follower of The Style Shepherd Blog, you already know that I'm very interested in the 'creative process', so of course I asked Natalie about her process:


"I set up my paint and my eyes and hands do the rest of the work for me..my ipod helps too."

If only all of our inspiration came so simply ... it would change the world.





Follow and learn more about Natalie Sharar:
http://allaprima-art.blogspot.com/

Buy Natalie Sharar's Art:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/rosefever
_______________________________________________________________________________________




SPECIAL FOR THE STYLE SHEPHERD FLOCK:


This week's giveaway is a brand new copy of the DVD 'Valentino, The Last Emperor'. To participate and win this week, you must be a follower of the Style Shepherd and leave a comment with a link to your favorite artist. That artist, may be a jewelry designer, a painter, sculptor, architect or writer... an artist of any kind.

As always, this giveaway is open to everyone, but be forewarned that this DVD is formatted to zone 1 (all of North America). DVD Region Code
Comments that will be entered in the drawing (by random.org) must be entered by Saturday January 9th, 2010 11:59 PM, EST, and the winner will be announced on Sunday January 10, 2010.

12 comments:

  1. I'm a follower. My favourite jewelry designer is Rebekah Green and Marlo Noel.

    https://www.rebekahgreen.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/marlonoel

    aikychien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really would like this!
    I have a region free DVD player!
    :)

    carlos_durao AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That first painting is gorgeous!

    I follow your blog. Hard to pick my favorite artist of all artists, so I'll just share the one that is currently wowing me:

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/BrookeSchmidt

    Thanks for the chance!
    Kelly @ TLE
    thelostearring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou Rhonda for this beautiful, loveley post! I can't thankyou enough for the exposure and kind words. And who knows maybe life will lead me to be a stylist, because I'll always be a painter!

    Love- Natalie Sharar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Thank YOU Natalie, for letting us enjoy your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this movie! its awesome :-D x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore klacustomcreations on Etsy and I love the I Love You To The Moon And Back Necklace With Personalized Name Disc, it is just darling!
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37339130

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there!
    I would really like a chance at this!
    My favorite artist id Dalí.
    Not a very original choice, but I really admire him!

    educhico AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Amadeo Modigliani
    http://www.expo-modigliani.net/index.cfm
    and Dan Burkholder Photography
    http://www.danburkholder.com/Pages/main_pages/main_page_3-06/Dan_Burkholder_Home.html
    thanks
    lubaska dot k at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow your blog
    lubaska dot k at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete